Objectives of Camden Region Economic Taskforce
Established by Camden Council in November 2017 from a priority action highlighted in the Camden Council Economic Development Strategy, the Camden Region Economic Taskforce will support the economic prosperity of the region through leadership, advocacy and coordination.
Our key focus areas are:
- job creation
- securing investment
- infrastructure development
- creation of an environment that supports the growth of industry and business
The key pillars of CRET are:
- Establish the internal and external profile of the Camden Region Economic Taskforce
- Engage with the Camden LGA business community, key stakeholders and the public to understand their perception of economic development for the region
- Understand and promote the identity and opportunities that exist in each of Camden LGA’s key economic and commercial hubs
- Understand the education and training required to grow and diversify local jobs
- Identify and promote Camden LGA’s visitor economy identity and opportunities
- Understand and take advantage of the opportunities provided by infrastructure and other major development occurring in Western Sydney.
You can view our strategic plan here.